Parkinson's disease is a degenerative disorder of the central nervous system; it is a chronic pathology that has unknown causes as well as an important genetic component.
It is a neurodegenerative disease that affects the nervous system, the control of movements and brain functions.
This April 11 is the World Day against Parkinson's Disease, and therefore Biochrom Corp suggests these 4 tips to prevent this disease:
1. Ingest protective foods with antioxidant properties
Some of these foods are:
- Green Tea, which has protective properties of dopamine cells that lodge in the human brain.
- Foods rich in Vitamin E, such as nuts, almonds, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, among others.
- Foods with a high content of Vitamin C, such as orange, lemon, spinach, among others.
- Food rich in Omega 3 such as fish, eggs, beets, among others.
2. Have a balanced diet, eating products without excess sugar, low in fat and low in salt.
3. Have a healthy lifestyle, combine frequent physical exercise and reduce alcohol consumption.
4. Cognitive Stimulation
Activities that help us exercise memory, such as reading, solving crosswords, among others, should be carried out. That will avoid the appearance of dementing syndromes that are related to Parkinson's disease.