Free shipping ( exception Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and U.S. Virgin Islands). For Federal Government Procurement (SAM) or International Order contact us.

Meet the world of Cane Sugar vs. Sugar Beet

About 70 percent of the sugar produced in the world comes from sugarcane, a tall grass that grows in tropical countries. The remaining 30 percent comes from beet, a root that is grown in temperate northern areas.

The difference in obtaining sugar from cane or sugar beet comes in the first instance from the methods used, to obtain sugar from the sugarcane, it must first be ground to extract the juice and then processed and refined, unlike sugar. of beet that is obtained from its leaves, which must be cleaned and crushed to obtain the juice and then separate the cells through the extraction of elements and finally pass to the crystallization.

Sugar beet requires sunlight to produce sugar in its leaves from carbon dioxide and water. The sugar is then stored in the same beet. It is common to get their production in countries such as the United States, Europe, China and Japan.


At Biochrom we share some benefits or characteristics of each sugar:

Some benefits of sugar beet are:

  • It has less sucrose so it can positively influence diabetic and hepatic patients.
  • It dissolves more easily than the sugar coming from the cane, which helps it not to accumulate inside the circulatory tract.
  • It has advantages as a preservative for other foods that need to be kept outdoors.


Some benefits of sugar cane:

  • The sweetener has calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium.
  • Sugarcane juice has a low glycemic index.
  • Sugar cane has benefits not only for health but also for beauty. If we talk about the mouth, it allows us to have more healthy gums and teeth, while destroying many bacteria and viruses that can damage and cause diseases.


And you, which sugar would you prefer?